I am Debra Mastaler, owner and chief reviewer of Marketing Tools 24/7.
In 1999 I launched an online directory called The Organic Way Market, it featured stores selling organic food and clothing. I was tired of constantly searching the Web for green products so I built the site and put it all in one place.
Over time, my site ranked well and the store owners listed in the directory took notice. They started asking for help with something called “SEO” which I had never heard of, so I went looking for a solution. As far as I knew, I was using the sales, publicity and promotions tactics I had used in my 15 years in the marketing department of Anheuser-Busch. I had no idea an entire industry was built around the discipline.
After a little research, I found SEO and fell in love, a year later I closed the directory and opened my link building firm Alliance-Link. It operated from 2001 to 2016 when life came full circle and I decided to hang up my link hat and go back to my directory roots.
I think there is value in hand-curated lists created by smart, experienced search savvy people. I hope you’ll agree and share this site with friends.
In addition to running MarketingTools 24/7, I still take on the occasional link building client. If you have a great site and are open to outside-the-box link building ideas, shoot me an email debra @ alliance-link.com.
I am also the Link Building Moderator on the SEOBook Community Forum, a featured columnist for Search Engine Land, and a featured speaker for Search Marketing Expo (SMX). I spoke on the link building panels for Search Engines Strategies (SES) and other industry events for years and have conducted customized link building training for groups such as the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) and many large private companies.
Over the years I’ve done many interviews, podcasts, and videos and I’ve been fortunate to be named as a top search marketer for several organizations. Links to everything below.
I was honored to be named one of Search Marketing Standard magazines’ “2011 Women of Internet Marketing” and 17th in the Invesp Top 100 Most Influential Marketers.
I have served on the Board of Directors for The Williamsburg Area Chamber of Commerce, The Salvation Army, Boy Scouts of America and the Search Marketing Association of North America.
I am also a graduate of the Leadership Historic Triangle Association and have been a featured author and/or columnist on sites like PC World, Tech Crunch, and CIO.
- SEO Copywriting Success Works – Link Building for Content Marketers
- Level 343 – Post Penguin Linking with Debra Mastaler
- SEOBook – Interview with Link Guru Debra Mastaler
- Word Stream – Link Building Expert Interview Series: Debra Mastaler
- SEO Contrarian – Ari Interviews Debra on Link Building Monday
- Sugarrae Blog – Link Building With the Experts
- Search Engine People – Ruud Questions: Debra Mastaler
- Bruce Clay Blog – Six Questions with Debra Mastaler
- Bruce Clay Blog – The Lowdown on Link Building with Debra Mastaler
- One Degree – 5 Link Building Questions with Debra Mastaler
- AimClear Blog – Tasty LinkBait: Debra Mastaler Interviewed
- CopyPress – Get Links-A-Building Featuring Debra Mastaler
Podcasts and Videos:
- Intrapromote Links Are Still Important – An Interview with Debra Mastaler
- SEO Dojo: Link Building Tips and Unnatural Linking Messages
- On Stone Temple Consulting Podcast: Debra Mastaler with Eric Enge
- On WOW Web Professionals Debra Mastaler on Link Building Stratgies
- On Web Pro News Link Building Tips with Debra Mastaler
Follow me on Twitter for solid industry news and fresh marketing ideas @debramastaler